Sunday, January 29, 2012

Apron Success!

Well, I had to do a little tweaking but I think the apron is a success!
The original pattern called for mercerized cotton thread but I didn't have enough and I could not get the correct gage using what I had. Something must have changed from the 60's. Either crochet hook size or thread count. Of course, crochet is not my forte.
Anyway, this is what I came up with. I gave it my own spin.


The color gives it that extra vintage feel. 

Not quite finished. Still have to weave in loose ends and find a better fitting ribbon but I think it turned out well. I like it so much I think this summer I will make a cute skirt using the same pattern/idea. Although a lighter yarn would be better. I used "I Love This Yarn" 4 ply worsted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment