Saturday, June 16, 2012

Paddle Update

Finally did something with the old paddle I found in a dumpster.


First, I went shopping for iron on transfers. I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for. I had been inspired by an artist who printed directly onto pieces of old wood. The effect was pretty cool. Sorry, I don't have a pic. Anyway, JoAnn's had some cute tea towel transfers and I thought I would give it a whirl, no idea if it would even transfer to a hunk of wood. 


If you are interested this is what you're looking for: 

Designs were limited in the store, but there are a bunch online. I chose this:

Just follow the instructions on the package. It turned out pretty well. I ended up adding 3 flowers. I may fill in with paint later, or not, I have yet to decide. The paddle now hangs proudly in my home!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment